Google capture of:
Note: 18 miles into Olympic National park on Deer Park Road. Known for its dry powder skiing.
Season: Dec-Feb (open weekends)
All types of slopes
Overnight accomidations at Deer Park Lodge, Jan-March (bring your own sleeping bag)
Closed by forest service which later opened Hurricane Ridge to
serve the area.
Jan 11, 1937
Sunday saw an estimated 200 persons and 50 cars. Automobile parking space was congested, because of the unusually large number of cars, and officials of the Forest Serivce took note.
Jan 18, 1937 First Ski races of Season
The Olympic Winter Sports Association held the first ski races of the season, a men's and women's downhill over a quarter-mile course. Jim Cahill of Port Angeles and Betty Morse of Bremerton won their respective classes.
May 19, 1937
Estimate 2,500 Visit Deer Park In Past Winter. Additional development planned during the summer, including a CCC camp, ski lodge and more runs.
Jan 17, 1939 "New Ski Tow"
A new ski tow 675' long (to be increased to 900') powered by a small gas engine with an endless line.
Rates range from 4 rides for 25 cents to all-day for 75 cents.
Contributions to http://lostskiareas.wikispaces.com/ are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution Share-Alike 2.5 License
Portions not contributed by visitors are Copyright 2013 Tangient LLC.